Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mason Jar Obsession


I have always had a thing for mason jars so when we found a slew at the property we have been picking, I was beyond elated.
We brought home no less than 75 jars!
  Many were styles I had never seen before.

Here are a few of my favorites out of the clear glass we found. 

Brockway Sure Grip Mason 
It appears that these were only made between 1933-1934

 A Drey Ever Seal with a lightning style seal
Drey jars were produced between 1917 to 1925,  
then again later after Ball took over the Drey molds.
This jar appears to be from the first production time. 

A Foster Sealfast lighting style jar
These were made between 1908 and 1925

 This is the newest jar.
These Mason "Star" jars were made in the 1970's. 
 I love the star - I call it my Cowboy Jar.  

 And this mini half-pint.  It has an interesting lid.

Not sure what these were used for.  
One source said this size was often used for samples.  
But the shaker style top has me perplexed.  Any thoughts?   

We also found oodles of blue jars - hopefully I can get some good photos of them soon.


12 comments:

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

I'm starting to think that I need to drive over and investigate all these found goodies. No fair!

Connie (aka LOU) said...

Jackpot! You scored big. 75....really? I don't think I have ever seen any of those before. Way cool. You provided good background on these guys too. I will patiently wait to see your blue ones.

Bonnie said...

I loved that little mini half jar and that shaker jar is so unique. Do you think the owner punched her own holes to retrofit it for sugar or something. I have a very small collection of mason jars and I can't wait to see more of your collection.

Love your blog

Doni said...

Wow, those are COOL! I ran into a lady years ago that had some HUGE jars in her garage, and she let me take a whole bunch home with me...I store my pretties in them now...but I wish they had large mouths! LOVE your stash! It's so neat to be able to find things you love!!
Thanks so much for sharing them with us for Pearls and Lace Thursday!!
blessings, Doni

Trisha said...

How fun that you found so many interesting jars...lucky you!

~Trisha

Blessed Serendipity said...

What a fun collection and I love old jars because they are so useful to store things in.

Danielle

Sarah said...

Those are gorgeous! 75 means you must have one to send me, right? ;)

Sunny Vanilla said...

WOW...75 mason jars means you hit the jackpot. Looking at these makes me really want to find an antique show coming by my area. Thanks so much for sharing.
I found you on the blog hop and happily following you now.
I'd love for you to check me out too.

take care,
jen
sunnyvanilla.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please follow my blog. I just started and would like to get some followers.

Heather said...

How fun...I love old mason jars, too. They're so charming AND useful!

Kali at The Vintage Milk House said...

UGH! I'm so JEALOUS! These are awesome finds! I would KILL for some of these lids... that Mini-half pint... very cool! :)

Jann Olson said...

What a great find. I love the little mini half pint. Yes, the star jar is a star! Thanks so much for sharing this with Share Your Cup Thursday. Hope you will share often!
Hugs,
Jann
p.s. I am now following you.