Saturday, November 3, 2012

House Renovation Week 5 - 8: Project Sherman

My calendar is playing tricks on me.  Really.  It HAS to be.  How can I have not posted anything here for three weeks?  

Well, because Sherman has taken over our lives.  

And so has home schooling.  And so has work.  And so has a 2.5 ft little fireball of a baby boy.  And so has a fireball of a 7 year old girl.  And so have my gaggle of pets.  

This mamma is worn out.  Is it time for vacation yet?  

But alas, Sherman is moving right along and is getting a much needed face lift.  Now I am not the type of person who would normally promote cosmetic surgery but in the case of Sherman (and all of the other houses we have fiddled with), it was in desperate order.   

In other words:  We decided to remove the brick.  

A big decision but one we are very happy with.  Almost immediately after I gave my blessing to proceed with tearing it down, my darling husband went to town.  


We decided to call on our good friend, James Hardie to come in and get the job done.  Well, James himself has not shown up but a whole truck load of his beloved product arrived on a big truck.  





Love me some Hardie board!



In other happenings:

* We finalized our kitchen cabinet plan.

* We ordered all of our appliances.

* We ordered the front door and side lights from a local door maker.

* We bought the rest of our flooring.  

* We made a decision on our heating system.

Now to get busy getting all of the "fun" posts going.  This pre-game stuff has been really boring for me with nothing to paint or make pretty yet.   Although flooring, cabinets and appliances kept me occupied a bit...but it's not enough.  I need to get my hands dirty!   Since we have been consumed by Sherman there has been no time for any new projects around here.  And that makes this little lady frown...but....

Patience.....I keep reminding myself.   I must.have.patience!


 

2 comments:

Bliss said...

Just keep taking all those before photos so when you have time you can show us the afters. Looking good!

Bliss

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

You need a crew of hundreds!
But, it's going at a pretty fast pace, isn't it? It'll be worth it...big projects instead of small ones for now. :) Hang in there!
xo, Tina